Tuesday, January 17, 2006

AO day 2 update #2

16:39 pm GMT +7
Not seen any surprise, yet, on day 2 of AO in women's single. Only unseeded Zi Yan CHN wins over Nathalie Dechy FRA (11) 6-7 (5-7), 6-2, 6-3.

^ Zi Yan [from WTAtour.com]
.
For men's single is almost another story. Many seeded players struggling through 5-set play including Dominik Hrbaty SVK (12) over Oliver Marach AUT, Nicolas Kiefer GER (21) over Paradorn Srichaphan THA (Keifer came back from two sets down to win. Another Thai's gone), Nikolay Davydenko RUS (5) over Ivo Karlovic CRO , Guillermo Coria ARG (6) over Victor Hanescu ROM, and Lleyton Hewitt AUS (3) over Robin Vik CZE.
.
.
.
.
Have you ever heard about Eighty South Street project? My friend just passed me the URL. It's in Manhattan, and Wow! amazing. My very first question is 'Is this real?' But when I know that my favourite architect designs this, I ran out of doubt. Santiago Calatrava is like god of architecture for me. He can combines beauty with possibility. Almost every project he does are talk of the town, get the cover, and cover and cover and again and again.

No comments: