Monday, January 30, 2006

The Red Violin

The Red Violin
[official site] [IMDb] [more from google]
.

.
I first didn't expect much about this movie and thought that it might be some sad miserable kind. But I was wrong. This is one of the finest movie I've ever seen. The plot is great, storyline is very impressed, variety of tone, mystery, .... they're all great.
.
Only thing I may not like is the star, Samuel L Jackson, they use. He's not very convincing in this role, I'd rather prefer some no-name actor to play this part. But I like that little boy in the role of young talented violinist Kaspar. I love when he speaks French back to his mentor after 3-4 weeks together, this boy learned more than just musical skills. I also like the part in China where a woman try to keep the violin her mother gave her when she's young.
.
Thank you khun Som-O for the DVD. You really have a excellent taste of movie. :)

No comments: